Lead Pressman Position
Huron Web, a competitive web-press operator, is seeking skilled workers in our Wyoming, Ontario facility. Huron Web operates 12-hour shifts (6 am to 6 pm) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, with opportunities for overtime.
Ideal candidates will be a strong leader with ability to work a variety of shifts in a fast-pasted, deadline-driven environment. Reliable transportation is required as bus service not available.
- Leading a team to ensure the efficient operation of the pressroom.
- Leading operation of Goss Heat-set and Goss Cold-set presses.
- Training junior staff on press operations.
- Assisting in press maintenance and repairs.
- Ensuring team adhere to pressroom procedures.
- Ensuring team maintain a tidy and safe work environment.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of principles of offset printing.
- Must have conceptual understanding of press impositions and layouts.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, push or pull 100 lbs
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing staff.
- Rigorous attention to workplace safety standards.
- High school graduate
- 4 years’ experience working on a web press
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Please apply by June 23, 2017 by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line, fax to 519-845-0891 or use the online form by clicking the button below!
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
No phone calls please.